Translate

vendredi 7 novembre 2014

witchcraft

"Witchcraft" is a popular song from 1957 composed by Cy Coleman with lyrics by Carolyn Leigh. It was released as a single byFrank Sinatra, and reached number twenty in the U.S., spending sixteen weeks on the charts. Composed as an instrumental piece by Coleman for the revue Take Five, lyrics were added by Leigh, and "Witchcraft" was subsequently recorded by Sinatra in May 1957, in an arrangement by Nelson Riddle.[1]Elvis Presley sang this song in The Frank Sinatra Timex Show: Welcome Home Elvis.

Those fingers in my hair.
Ces doigts dans mes cheveux
That sly
Ce regard
Come hither stare
Furtif qui me somme de venir
That strips my conscience bare
Dénudent ma conscience
It's witchcraft.
C'est de la sorcellerie
And I've got no defense for it.
Et je suis sans défense
The heat is too intense for it.
La chaleur est bien trop intense
What good would commonsense for it do ?
Pourquoi faire appel au bon sens ?
'Cause it's witchcraft !
Parce que c'est de la sorcellerie
Wicked witchcraft.
Une vicieuse sorcellerie
And although I know
Et même si je sais que
It'a strictly taboo
C'est strictement tabou
When you arouse the need in me
Lorsque tu éveilles en moi le désir
My heart says "yes
Mon Coeur dit intérieurement
Indeed" in me
“Bien sur que oui”
Proceed with what you're lead in 'me to !
Continue, vers là où tu m'entraines
It's such an ancient pitch
C'est un si vieux sortilège
But one I wouldn't switch
Mais je ne voudrais pas l'échanger
'Cause there's no nicer witch than you
Car il n'y a pas plus délicieuse ensorceleuse que toi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Archives du blog